SDM-CD16ACA 16-Channel AC/DC Relay Controller
With an SDM-CD16ACA, your Campbell Scientific data logger can automatically activate external ac or dc devices such as motors, pumps, heaters, valves, and fans. This ac/dc relay controller has 16 ports for connecting your ac or dc devices. Each port can be controlled automatically by the data logger’s program or controlled manually with an override toggle switch.
- Allows the data logger to automatically turn devices on or off when a threshold (for example, temperature or water depth) has been reached
- Addresses up to 15 SDM-CD16ACAs, allowing up to 240 ports to be controlled by one data logger
- Includes LEDs that indicate when a port is active
- Provides a manual override for each port
- UL/CUL approved product; RoHS compliant
The SDM-CD16ACA has a toggle switch that provides three positions: ON and OFF for manual override, and AUTO for data logger control.
- In the ON position, the common (COM) and normally open (NO) contacts are closed.
- In the OFF position, the normally open contact is open.
- In the AUTO position, the state of the relay is controlled by the SDM command issued through the data logger’s control ports or SDM terminal.
|Function||Allows a data logger to automatically activate external ac or dc devices such as motors, pumps, heaters, valves, and fans.|
|Number of Channels||16|
|Operating Temperature||-40° to +55°C|
|Contact Operation||Single pole double throw (break before make)|
|Contact Material||Gold-clad silver|
|Coil Voltage||11 to 18 Vdc|
|Coil Resistance||360 Ω ±10%|
|Expected Life (contact closures)||Mechanical 107|
|Actuation/Release Time||~4 ms|
|Operating Voltage||12 Vdc nominal (11 to 18 Vdc)|
|Standards||Underwriters Laboratories (UL) listed product (E162021)|
|Dimensions||24.6 x 5.1 x 8.6 cm (9.7. x 2.0 x 3.4 in.)|
|Weight||0.8 kg (1.8 lb)|